Best Practices for Passwords
To protect your account and data, we recommend you to choose a password that matches at least two of the following criteria:
- At least 8 characters.
- Special characters: *, /, -, %, &, etc.
- Uneasy to guess, neither a relative’s name or birthday, nor an obvious sequence (“qwerty”, “password”, “123456”, etc.)
- Ideally, important passwords should be changed every month.
- Be careful to not exhibit your passwords, for example do not leave them on a Post-it on your desk, where anyone could see them.
- Using a passphrase, for example a quotation. They are longer, and therefore safer, and easier to remember than a sequence of numbers and letters.